10 March 2021
Hello Once Again,
How is it that when I lived on the streets in Lansing, and later became a homeless rights advocate I was a racist? Do you know how? I do and it’s…STUPID.
Matthew 198; For with what judgement you judge, you shall be judged, and with what measure you meet, it shall be measured to you again.
I became a racist because someone decided that I was racist; because I didn’t look like them. It is said that everyone has a double. I met mine and I’m related to him. He is a cousin twice removed on my father’s side of the family.
So guess what – I don’t look like anyone else. So the above statement is very true. Aside from my cousin – I don’t look like anyone else. These people then went on to say;
1) You were “diagnosed with Epilepsy” – you are discriminating against those that are able bodied or have another form of a disability,
2) You were “born white” – you were born a racist, it is in your genetic make-up; you don’t have a choice being racist,
3) You are a “man” – you automatically believe you are the superior gender because you have a penis,
4) You were born “in America” and making you a member of a country that says it is the greatest in the world, so you must believe you are greater than everyone else,
5) You are “in your fifties (they actually were off by a few years at the time)” and because of this you look down on those that are younger than you because you believe you have more life experience, and you look down on those that are older than you because you have access to better technology,
6) You were born “into Generation X” – SEE the description for number five,
7) You are “remarried twice” – I began tuning them out – something about getting more than my fair share of women,
8) You are “unable to have children” – I completely ignored them at this point,
9) You are automatically “discriminating against everyone” – that was not how I was seeing it,
10) You used to attend “Baptist Church” – well, Baptists are racist because some of them are from the South,
11) You read the “Bible” – you are a hypocrite type “Christian” and you hate everyone that isn’t just like you,
12) You “enlist in the United States Armed Forces” – you are just a baby killer and…
It was the reason behind number twelve that I lost it. I had had a seizure back in the 1990’s and because of the carelessness of a nurse I lost the ability to create children. Something that I thought I would do better at, than the previous generations in my family.
Here’s how I see it; if you must use your; age, disability, sexual orientation, parental status, religion, national origin, child bearing ability, race, color, sex, or uniformed service to describe yourself or someone else than you are someone that discriminates – you are a bigot. Is it difficult to not be a bigot? Sometimes it can be.
However, there is something that you can do to not be a bigot. Practice talking with other people, friends and family (at first), and do not use any of the above descriptors when talking about yourself, or others.
Now remember I am considered a Bigot not because of anything I did – but because someone else said I was. And now I have been labeled a Bigot. Though I would have to believe that calling someone a “Bigot” would fall under themselves being a “BIGOT” also.
I am RR “Elroy” VanWoert and I am a Paladin.