According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
Gospel of John 626-650
626) 12:49; For I have not spoken of myself: but the Father, which sent me, he gave me a commandment what I should say, and what I should speak.
627) 50; And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: the things therefore that I speak, I speak them so as the Father said unto me.”
628) 13:1; Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come, that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, for as much as he loved his own which were in the world, unto the end he loved them.
629) 2-4; And when supper was done (and that the devil had now put in the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him) *Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God, * he rises from supper, and lays aside his upper garments, and takes a towel, and girdles himself.
630) 5; After that, he poured water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples feet, and to wipe them with the towel, wherewith he was gird.
631) 6; Then came he to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Do you wash my feet?”
632) 7; Jesus answered and said unto him, “What I do, you know not now: but you shall know it hereafter.”
633) 8a; Peter said unto him, “You shall never wash my feet.”
634) 8b; Jesus answered him, “If I wash you not, you shall have no part with me.”
635) 9; Simon Peter said unto him, “Lord, not my feet only, but also the hands and the head.”
636) 10; Jesus said to him, “He that is washed, needs not, save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and you are clean, but not all.”
637) 11; For he knew who should betray him: therefore said he, “You are not all clean.”
638) 12; So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was sat down again, he said unto them, “Know you what I have done to you?
639) 13; You call me Master, and Lord, and say well: for so am I.
640) 14; If I then your Lord, and Master, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.
641) 15; For I have given you an example, that you should do, even as I have done to you.
642) 16; Verily, verily I say unto you, the servant is not greater than his master, neither the ambassador greater than he that sent him.
643) 17; If you know these things, blessed are you, if you do them.
644) 18; I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but it is that the Scripture might be fulfilled, He that eats bread with me, has lifted his heel against me.
645) 19; From henceforth tell I you before it come, then when it is come to pass, you might believe that I am he.
646) 20; Verily, verily I say unto you, if I send any, he that receives him, receives me, and he that receives me, receives him that sent me.”
647) 21; When Jesus had said these things, he was troubled in the Spirit, and testified, and said, “Verily, verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.”
648) 22; Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spoke.
649) 23; Now there was one of his disciples, which leaned on Jesus bosom, whom Jesus loved.
650) 24; To him beckoned therefore Simon Peter, that he should ask who it was of whom he spoke.