GOSPEL OF JOHN: 601-625
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
601. 12:27a; Now is my soul troubled: and what shall I say?
602. 27b; Father, save me from this hour: but therefore came I unto this hour.
603. 28a; Father, glorify your Name.”
604. 28b; Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
605. 29; Then said the people that stood by and heard, that it was a thunder: others said, “An Angel spoke to him.”
606. 30; Jesus answered, and said, “This voice came not because of me, but for your sake’s.
607. 31; Now is the judgement of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
608. 32; And I, if I were lifted from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”
609. 33; Now this said he, signifying what death he should die.
610. 34a; The people answered him, “We have heard out of the Law, that the Christ bides forever: and how says you, that the Son of man must be lifted?
611. 34b; Who is that Son of man?”
612. 35; Then Jesus said unto them, “Yet a little while is the light with you: walk while you have light, lest the darkness come upon you: for he that walks in the dark, knows not whether he goes.
613. 36a; While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of the light.”
614. 36b; These things spoke Jesus, and departed, and hid himself from them.
615. 37-38a; And though he had done so many miracles before them, yet believed they not on him: *that the saying of Isaiah the Prophet might be fulfilled, that he said, “Lord, who believed our report?
616. 38b; And to whom is the army of the Lord revealed?”
617. 39-40; Therefore could they not believe, because that Isaiah said again, *“He has blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart, that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”
618. 41; These things said Isaiah when he saw his glory and spoke of him.
619. 42; Nevertheless even among the chief rulers many believed in him: but because of the Pharisees, they did not confess him, lest they should be cast out of the Synagogue.
620. 43; For they loved the praise of men, more than the praise of God.
621. 44; And Jesus cried, and said, “He that believes in me, believes not in me, but in him that sent me.
622. 45; And he that sees me, sees him that sent me.
623. 46; I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes in me, should not abide in darkness.
624. 47; And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
625. 48; He that refuses me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoke, it shall judge him in the last day.