GOSPEL OF JOHN: 526-550
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
526. 11:10; But if a man walk in the night, he stumbles, because there is no light in him.”
527. 11; These things spoke he, and after he said unto them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps: but I go to wake him up.”
528. 12; Then said his disciples, “Lord, if he sleeps, he shall be safe.”
529. 13; Howbeit, Jesus spoke of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of the natural sleep.
530. 14; Then said Jesus unto them plainly, “Lazarus is dead.
531. 15; And I am glad for your sake, that I was not there, that you may believe: but let us go unto him.”
532. 16; Then said Thomas (which is called Didymus) unto his fellow disciples, “Let us also go, that we may die with him.”
533. 17; Then came Jesus, and found that he had line in the grave four days already.
534. 18; (Now Bethany was near unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs of.)
535. 19; And many of the Jews were come to Martha and Mary to comfort them for their brother.
536. 20; Then Martha, when she heard that Jesus was coming, went to meet him: but Mary sat still in the house.
537. 21; Then said Martha unto Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother had not been dead.
538. 22; But I know also, that whatsoever you ask of God, God will give it you.”
539. 23; Jesus said unto her, “Your brother shall rise again.”
540. 24; Martha said unto him, “I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
541. 25; Jesus said unto her, “I am the resurrection and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
542. 26a; And whosoever lives, and believes in me, shall never die.
543. 26b; Believe you this?”
544. 27; She said unto him, “Yea, Lord, I believe that you are the Christ the Son of God, which should come into the world.”
545. 28; And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, “The Master is come, and calls for you.”
546. 29; And when she heard it, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
547. 30; For Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in the place where Martha met him.
548. 31; The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily, and went out, followed her, saying, “She goes unto the grave, to weep there.”
549. 32; Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother had not been dead.”
550. 33-34a; When Jesus therefore saw her weep, and the Jews also weep which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled in himself, *and said, “Where have you laid him?”