GOSPEL OF JOHN: 501-525
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
501. 10:25; Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you believe not: the works that I do in my Father’s Name, they bear witness of me.
502. 10:26; But you believe not: for you are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
503. 10:27-28; My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me, *and I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any pluck them out of mine hand.
504. 10:29; My Father which gave them me, is greater than all, and none is able to take them out of my Father’s hand.
505. 10:30; I and my Father are one.”
506. 10:31; Then the Jews again took up stones, to stone him.
507. 10:32; Jesus answered them, “Many good works have I shown you from my Father: for which of these works do you stone me?”
508. 10:33; The Jews answered him, saying, “For the good work we stone you not, but for blasphemie, and that you being a man, makes yourself God.”
509. 10:34; Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, I said, you are gods?
510. 10:35-36; If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God was given, and the Scripture can not be broken, *say you of him, whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blasphemes, because I said, I am the Son of God?
511. 10:37; If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
512. 10:38; But if I do, then though you believe not me, yet believe the works, that you may know and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.”
513. 10:39-40; Again they went about to take him: but he escaped out of their hands, *and went again beyond Jordan; into the place where John first baptized, and there abode.
514. 41; And many resorted unto him, and said, “John did no miracle: but all things that John spoke of this man, were true.”
515. 42; And many believed in him there.
516. 11:1; And a certain man was sick, named Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary, and her sister Martha.
517. 2; (And it was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)
518. 3; Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom you love, is sick.”
519. 4; When Jesus heard it, he said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.”
520. 5; Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.
521. 6; And after he had heard that he was sick, yet he abode there two days still in the same place where he was.
522. 7; Then after that, said he to his disciples, “Let us go into Judea again.”
523. 8; The disciples said unto him, “Master, the Jews lately sought to stone you, and do you go thither again.”
524. 9a; Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day?
525. 9b; If a man walk in the day, he stumbles not, because he sees the light of this world.