GOSPEL OF JOHN: 476-500
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
476. 10:1; Verily, verily I say unto you,He that entreats not in by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up another way, he is a thief and a robber.
477. 10:2; But he that goes in by the door, is the shepherd of the sheep.
478. 10:3; To him the porter opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out.
479. 10:4; And when he has sent forth his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
480. 10:5; And they will not follow a stranger, but they flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.”
481. 10:6; This parable spoke Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spoke unto them.
482. 10:7; Then said Jesus unto them again, “Verily, verily I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
483. 10:8; All, that ever came before me, are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
484. 10:9; I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and find pasture.
485. 10:10; The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and have it in abundance.
486. 10:11; I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for his sheep.
487. 10:12; But an hireling, and he which is not the shepherd, neither the sheep are his own, and sees the wolf coming, and he leaves the sheep, and flees, and the wolf catches them, and scatters the sheep.
488. 10:13; So the hireling flees, because he is an hireling, and cares not for the sheep.
489. 10:14; I am the good shepherd, and know mine, and am known of mine.
490. 10:15; As the Father knows me, so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for my sheep.
491. 10:16; Other sheep I have also, which are not of this fold: them also must I bring, and they shall hear my voice: and there shall be one sheepfold, and one shepherd.
492. 10:17; Therefore does my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
493. 10:18; No man takes it from me, but I lay it down myself: I have power to lay it down, and have power to take it again: this commandment have I received of my Father.”
494. 10:19; Then there was a dissension again among the Jews for these sayings.
495. 10:20; And many of them said, “He has a devil, and is mad: why hear you him?”
496. 10:21; Others said, “These are not the words of him that have a devil: can the devil open the eyes of the blind?”
497. 10:22; And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the Dedication, and it was winter.
498. 10:23; And Jesus walked in the Temple, in Solomon’s porch.
499. 10:24a; Then came the Jews round about him. And said unto him, “How long do you make us doubt?
500. 10:24b; If you be the Christ, tell us plainly.”