GOSPEL OF JOHN: 451-475
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
451. 9:19b; How does he now see then?”
452. 9:20-21; His parents answered them, and said, “We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind: *but by what means he now sees, we know not: or who has opened his eyes, can we not tell: he is old enough: ask him: he shall answer for himself.”
453. 9:22; These words spoke his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had ordained already, that if any man did confess that he was the Christ, he should be excommunicated out of the Synagogue.
454. 9:23; Therefore said his parents, “He is old enough: ask him.”
455. 9:24; Then again called they the man that had been blind, and said unto him, “Give glory unto God: we know that this man is a sinner.”
456. 9:25; Then he answered, and said, “Whether he be a sinner or no, I can not tell: one thing I know, that I was blind, and now I see.”
457. 9:26a; Then said they to him again, “What did he to you?
458. 9:26b; How opened he your eyes?”
459. 9:27a; He answered them, “I have told you already, and you have not heard it: wherefore would you hear it again?
460. 9:27b; Will you also be his disciples?”
461. 9:28; Then checked they him, and said, “Be you his disciple: we be Moses disciples.
462. 9:29; We know that God spoke with Moses: but this man we know not from where he is.”
463. 9:30; The man answered, and said unto them, “Doubtless, this is a marvelous thing, that you know not where he is, and yet he has opened my eyes.
464. 9:31; Now we know that God hears not the sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and does his will, him hears he.
465. 9:32; Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
466. 9:33; If this man were not of God, he could have done nothing.”
467. 9:34a; They answered, and said unto him, “You are altogether born in sin, and does you teach us?”
468. 9:34b; So they cast him out.
469. 9:35; Jesus heard that they had cast him out: and when he had found him, he said unto him, “Does you believe in the Son of God?”
470. 9:36; He answered, and said, “Who is he, Lord, that I might believe in him?”
471. 9:37; And Jesus said unto him, “Both you has seen him, and he it is that talks with you.”
472. 9:38; Then he said, “Lord, I believe, and worship him.”
473. 9:39; And Jesus said, “I am come unto judgement into this world, that they which see not, might see: and that they which see, might be made blind.”
474. 9:40; And some of the Pharisees which were with him, heard these things, and said unto him, “Are we blind also?”
475. 9:41; Jesus said unto them, “If you were blind, you should not have sin: but now you say, “We see”: therefore your sin remains.