GOSPEL OF JOHN: 426-450
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
426. 8:59; Then took they up stones, to cast at him, but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the Temple.
427. 9:1; And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
428. 9:2; And his disciples asked him, saying, “Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?”
429. 9:3; Jesus answered, “Neither has this man sinned, nor his parents, but that the works of God should be shown on him.
430. 9:4; I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night comes when no man can work.
431. 9:5; As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
432. 9:6-7; As soon as he had thus spoken, he spate on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and anointed the eyes of the blind with the clay, *and said unto him, “Go wash in the pool of Siloam (which is by interpretation, Set) he went his way therefore, and washed, and came again seeing.
433. 9:8; Now the neighbors and they that had seen him before, when he was blind, said, “Is not this he that sat and begged?”
434. 9:9; Some said, “This is he:” and others said,”He is like him:” but he himself said, “I am he.”
435. 9:10; Therefore they said unto him, “How were your eyes opened?”
436. 9:11a; He answered, and said, “The man that is called Jesus, made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam and wash.
437. 9:11b; So I went and washed and received sight.”
438. 9:12a; Then they said unto him, “Where is he?”
439. 9:12b; He said, “I can not tell.”
440. 9:13; They brought to the Pharisees him that was once blind.
441. 9:14; And it was a Sabbath day, when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
442. 9:15a; Then again the Pharisees also asked him, how he had received sight.
443. 9:15b; And he said unto them, “He laid clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.”
444. 9:16a; Then said some of the Pharisees, “This man is not of God, because he keeps not the Sabbath day.”
445. 9:16b; Others said, “How can a man that is a sinner, do such miracles?”
446. 9:16c; And there was dissension among them.
447. 9:17a; Then spoke they unto the blind again, “What says you of him, because he has opened your eyes?”
448. 9:17b; And he said, “He is a Prophet.”
449. 9:18; Then the Jews did not believe him (that he had been blind, and received his sight) until they had called the parents of him that had received sight.
450. 9:19a; And they asked them, saying, “Is this your son, whom you say was born blind?