GOSPEL OF JOHN: 401-425
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
401. 8:40; But now you go about to kill me, a man that have told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
402. 8:41a; You do the works of your father.”
403. 8:41b; Then said they to him, “We are not born of fornication: we have one Father, which is God.”
404. 8:42; Therefore Jesus said unto them, “If God were your Father, then would you love me: for I proceeded forth, and came from God,neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
405. 8:43a; Why do you not understand my talk?
406. 8:43b; Because you can not hear my word.
407. 8:44a; You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do: he has been a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in truth, because there is no truth in him.
408. 8:44b; When he speaks a lie, then speaks he of his own for he is a liar, and the father thereof.
409. 8:45; And because I tell you the truth, you believe me not.
410. 8:46a; Which of you can rebuke me of sin?
411. 8:46b; And if I say the truth, why do you not believe me?
412. 8:47; He that is of God, hears God’s words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God.”
413. 8:48; Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, “Say we not well that you are a Samaritan, and have a devil?”
414. 8:49; Jesus answered, “I have not a devil, but I honor my Father, and you have dishonored me.
415. 8:50; And I seek not mine own praise: but there is one that seeks it, and judges.
416. 8:51; Verily, verily I say unto you, if a man keeps my word, he shall never see death.”
417. 8:52a; Then said the Jews to him, “Now know we that you have a devil.
418. 8:52b; Abraham is dead, and the Prophets, and you say, if a man keeps my word, he shall never taste of death.
419. 8:53a; Are you greater than our father Abraham, which is dead?
420. 8:53b; And the Prophets are dead: whom makes you yourself?”
421. 8:54; Jesus answered, “If I honor myself, my honor is nothing worthy: it is my Father that honors me, whom you say, that be is your God.
422. 8:55; Yet you have not known him: but I know him, and if I should say I know him not, I should be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his word.
423. 8:56; Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it, and was glad.”
424. 8:57; Then said the Jews unto him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”
425. 8:58; Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am.”