GOSPEL OF JOHN: 376-400
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
376. 8:19a; Then said they unto him, “Where is your Father?”
377. 8:19b; Jesus answered, “You neither know me, nor my Father.
378. 8:19c; If you had known me, you should have known my Father also.”
379. 8:20; These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the Temple, and no man laid hands on him: for his hour was not yet come.
380. 8:21a; Then said Jesus again unto them, “I go my way, and you shall seek me, and shall die in your sins.
381. 8:21b; Whether I go, can you not come.”
382. 8:22; Then said the Jews, “Will he kill himself because he says, whether I go, can you not come?”
383. 8:23; And he said unto them, “You are from beneath: I am from above: you are of this world: I am not of this world.
384. 8:24; I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for except you believe, that I am he, you shall die in your sins.”
385. 8:25a; Then said they unto him, “Who are you?”
386. 8:25b; And Jesus said unto them, “Even the same thing that I said unto you from the beginning.
387. 8:26; I have many things to say, and to judge of you: but he that sent me, is true, and the things that I have heard of him, those speak I to the world.”
388. 8:27; They understood not that he spoke to them of the Father.
389. 8:28; Then said Jesus unto them, “When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself, but as my Father has taught me, so I speak these things.
390. 8:29; For he that sent me, is with me: the Father has not left me alone, because I do always those things that please him.”
391. 8:30; As he spoke these things, many believed in him.
392. 8:31-32; Then said Jesus to the Jews which believed in him, “If you continue in my word, you are verily my disciples, *and shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
393. 8:33; They answered him, “We be Abraham’s seed, and were never bond to any man: why says you then, You shall be made free?”
394. 8:34; Jesus answered them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, that whosoever commits sin, is the servant of sin.
395. 8:35; And the servant abides not in the house forever: but the Son abides forever.
396. 8:36; If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
397. 8:37; I know that you are Abraham’s seed, but you seek to kill me, because my word has no place in you.
398. 8:38; I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and you do that which you have seen with your father.”
399. 8:39a; They answered, and said unto him, “Abraham is our father.”
400. 8:39b; Jesus said unto them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham.