According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
Gospel of John 376-400
376) 8:19a; Then said they unto him, “Where is your Father?”
377) 19b; Jesus answered, “You neither know me, nor my Father.
378) 19c; If you had known me, you should have known my Father also.”
379) 20; These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the Temple, and no man laid hands on him: for his hour was not yet come.
380) 21a; Then said Jesus again unto them, “I go my way, and you shall seek me, and shall die in your sins.
381) 21b; Whether I go, can you not come.”
382) 22; Then said the Jews, “Will he kill himself because he says, whether I go, can you not come?”
383) 23; And he said unto them, “You are from beneath: I am from above: you are of this world: I am not of this world.
384) 24; I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for except you believe, that I am he, you shall die in your sins.”
385) 25a; Then said they unto him, “Who are you?”
386) 25b; And Jesus said unto them, “Even the same thing that I said unto you from the beginning.
387) 26; I have many things to say, and to judge of you: but he that sent me, is true, and the things that I have heard of him, those speak I to the world.”
388) 27; They understood not that he spoke to them of the Father.
389) 28; Then said Jesus unto them, “When you have lift the Son of man, then shall you know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself, but as my Father has taught me, so I speak these things.
390) 29; For he that sent me, is with me: the Father has not left me alone, because I do always those things that please him.”
391) 30; As he spoke these things, many believed in him.
392) 31-32; Then said Jesus to the Jews which believed in him, “If you continue in my word, you are verily my disciples, *and shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
393) 33; They answered him, “We be Abraham’s seed, and were never bound to any man: why says you then, You shall be made free?”
394) 34; Jesus answered them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, that whosoever commits sin, is the servant of sin.
395) 35; And the servant abides not in the house forever: but the Son abides forever.
396) 36; If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
397) 37; I know that you are Abraham’s seed, but you seek to kill me, because my word has no place in you.
398) 38; I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and you do that which you have seen with your father.”
399) 39a; They answered, and said unto him, “Abraham is our father.”
400) 39b; Jesus said unto them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham.