GOSPEL OF JOHN: 326-350
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
326. 7:25; Then said some of them of Jerusalem, “Is not this he, whom they go about to kill?
327. 7:26; And behold, he speaks openly. And they say nothing to him: do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ?
328. 7:27; Howbeit we know this man whence he is: but when the Christ comes, no man shall know whence he is.”
329. 7:28; Then cried Jesus in the Temple as he taught, saying, “You both know me, and know whence I am: yet am I not come of myself, but he that sent me, is true, whom you know not.
330. 7:29; But I know him: for I am of him, and he has sent me.”
331. 7:30; Then they sought to take him, but no man laid hands on him, because his hour was not yet come.
332. 7:31; Now many of the people believed in him, and said, “When the Christ comes, will he do more miracles than this man has done?”
333. 7:32; The Pharisees heard that the people murmured these things of him, and the Pharisees, and high Priests sent officers to take him.
334. 7:33; Then said Jesus unto them, “Yet am I a little while with you, and then go I unto him that sent me.
335. 7:34; You shall seek me, and shall not find me, and where I am, can you not come.”
336. 7:35a; Then said the Jews among themselves, “Whither will he go, that we shall not find him?
337. 7:35b; Will he go unto them that are dispersed among the Grecian’s, and teach the Grecian’s?
338. 7:36a; What saying is this that he said, “You shall seek me, and shall not find me?
339. 7:36b; And where I am, can you not come?””
340. 7:37; Now in the last and great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, “If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
341. 7:38; He that believes in me, as says the Scripture, out of his belly shall flow rivers of water of life.”
342. 7:39-40; (This spoke he of the Spirit which they that believed in him, should receive: for the holy Ghost was not yet given because that Jesus was not yet glorified) *so many of the people, when they heard this saying, said, “Of a truth this is the Prophet.”
343. 7:41; Others said, “This is the Christ”: and some said, “But shall Christ come out of Galilee?
344. 7:42; Says not the Scripture that Christ shall come of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?”
345. 7:43; So was there dissension among the people for him.
346. 7:44; And some of them would have taken him, but no man laid hands on him.
347. 7:45; Then came the officers to the high Priests and Pharisees, and they said unto them, “Why have you not brought him?”
348. 7:46; The officers answered, “Never man spoke like this man.”
349. 7:47; Then answered them the Pharisees, “Are you also deceived?
350. 7:48; Does any of the rulers, or of the Pharisees believe in him?