GOSPEL OF JOHN: 276-300
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
276. 6:50; This is the bread, which comes down from heaven, that he which eats of it, should not die.
277. 6:51; I am the living bread, which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give, is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
278. 6:52; Then the Jews strove among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
279. 6:53; Then Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
280. 6:54; Whosoever eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
281. 6:55; For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
282. 6:56; He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him.
283. 6:57; As the living Father has sent me, so live I by the Father, and he that eats me, even he shall live by me.
284. 6:58a; This is the bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers have eaten Manna, and are dead.
285. 6:58b; He that eats of this bread, shall live forever.”
286. 6:59; These things spake he in the Synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
287. 6:60; Many therefore of his disciples (when they heard this) said, “This is an hard saying: who can hear it?”
288. 6:61; But Jesus knowing in himself, that his disciples murmured at this, said unto them, “Does this offend you?
289. 6:62; What then if you should see the Son of man ascends up where he was before?
290. 6:63; It is the Spirit that quickens: the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, are spirit and life.
291. 6:64; But there are some of you that believe not”: for Jesus knew from the beginning, which they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
292. 6:65; And he said, “Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it be given unto him of my Father.”
293. 6:66; From that time, many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
294. 6:67; Then said Jesus to the twelve, “Will you also go away?”
295. 6:68a; Then Simon Peter answered him, “Master to whom shall we go?
296. 6:68b-69; You have the words of eternal life: *and we believe and know that you are the Christ the Son of the living God.”
297. 6:70; Jesus answered them, “Have not I chosen you twelve and one of you is a devil?”
298. 6:71; Now he spoke it of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, though he was one of the twelve.
299. 7:1; After these things, Jesus walked in Galilee, and would not walk in Judea: for the Jews sought to kill him.
300. 7:2; Now the Jews feast of the Tabernacles was at hand.