GOSPEL OF JOHN: 201-225
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
201. 5:20; For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things, whatsoever he himself does, and he will show him greater works than these, that you should marvel.
202. 5:21; For likewise as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them, so the Son quickens whom he will.
203. 5:22-23; For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgement unto the Son, *because that all men should honor the Son, as they honor the Father: he that honors not the Son, the same honors not the Father, which has sent him.
204. 5:24; Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that hears my word, and believes in him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death unto life.
205. 5:25; Verily, verily, I say unto you, the hour shall come, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear it, shall live.
206. 5:26-27; For as the Father has life in himself, so likewise has he given to the Son to have life in himself, *and has given him power also to execute judgement, in that he is the Son of man.
207. 5:28; Marvel not at this: for the hour shall come in the which all that are in the graves, shall hear his voice.
208. 5:29; And they shall come forth, that have done good, unto the resurrection of life: but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of condemnation.
209. 5:30; I can do nothing of mine own self: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just, because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father who has sent me.
210. 5:31; If I should bear witness of myself, my witness were not true.
211. 5:32; There is another that bears witness of me, and I know that the witness, which he bears of me, is true.
212. 5:33; You sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
213. 5:34; But I receive not the record of man: nevertheless these things I say, that you might be saved.
214. 5:35; He was a burning, and a shining candle: and you would for a season have rejoiced in his light.
215. 5:36; But I have greater witness than the witness of John: for the works which the Father has given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father sent me.
216. 5:37a; And the Father himself, which has sent me, bears witness of me.
217. 5:37b; You have not heard his voice at any time, neither have you seen his shape.
218. 5:38; And his word have you not abiding in you: for whom he has sent, him you believe not.
219. 5:39; Search the Scriptures: for in them you think to have eternal life, and they are they which testifies of me.
220. 5:40; But you will not come to me, that you might have life.
221. 5:41; I receive not praise of men.
222. 5:42; But I know you, that you have not the love of God in you.
223. 5:43; I am come in my Father’s Name, and you receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him will you receive.
224. 5:44; How can you believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that comes of God alone!
225. 5:45; Do not think that I will accuse you to my Father: there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom you trust.