GOSPEL OF JOHN: 176-200
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
176. 4:50; Jesus said unto him, “Go your way, your son lives”: and the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and went his way.
177. 4:51; And as he was now going down, his servants met him, saying, “Your son lives.”
178. 4:52a; Then enquired he of them the hour when he began to amend.
179. 4:52b; And they said unto him, “Yesterday the seventh hour the fever left him.”
180. 4:53a; Then the father knew, that it was the same hour in the which Jesus had said unto him, “Your son lives.”
181. 4:53b; And he believed, and all his household.
182. 4:54; This second miracle did Jesus again, after he was come out of Judea into Galilee.
183. 5:1; After that, there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
184. 5:2-3; And there is at Jerusalem by the place of the sheep, a pool called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porches: *in the which lay a great multitude of sick folk, of blind, halt, and withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
185. 5:4; For an Angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled
the water: whosoever then first, after the stirring of the water, stepped in, was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
186. 5:5; And a certain man was there, which had been diseased eight and thirty years.
187. 5:6; When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he now long time had been diseased, he said unto him, “Will you be made whole?”
188. 5:7; The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me in the pool: but while I am coming, another steps down before me.”
189. 5:8; Jesus said unto him, “Rise: take up your bed, and walk.”
190. 5:9; And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and the same day was the Sabbath.
191. 5:10; The Jews therefore said to him that was made whole, “It is the Sabbath day: it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.”
192. 5:11; He answered them, “He that made me whole, he said unto me, Take up your bed and walk.”
193. 5:12; Then they asked him, “What man is that which said unto you, Take up your bed, and walk?”
194. 5:13; And he was healed, knew not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away from the multitude that was in that place.
195. 5:14; And after that, Jesus found him in the Temple, and said unto him, “Behold, you are made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto you.”
196. 5:15; The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.
197. 5:16; And therefore the Jews did persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the Sabbath day.
198. 5:17; But Jesus answered them, “My Father works hitherto, and I work.”
199. 5:18; Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him: not only because he had broken the Sabbath: but said also that God was his Father, and made himself equal with God.
200. 5:19; Then answered Jesus, and said unto them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, save that he sees the Father do: for whatsoever things he does, the same things does the Son also.