GOSPEL OF JOHN: 151-175
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
151. 4:27a; And upon that came his disciples, and marveled that he talked with a woman: yet no man said unto him, “What asks you?”
152. 4:27b; Or “Why talk you with her?”
153. 4:28-29; The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and said to the men, *”Come, see a man which has told me all things that ever I did: is not he the Christ?”
154. 4:30; Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.
155. 4:31; In the meanwhile, the disciples prayed him, saying, “Master, eat.”
156. 4:32; But he said unto them, “I have meat to eat, that you know not of.”
157. 4:33; Then said the disciples between themselves, “Has any man brought him meat?”
158. 4:34; Jesus said unto them, “My meat is that I may do the will of him that sent me, and finish his work.
159. 4:35a; Say not you, there are yet four months, and then comes harvest?
160. 4:35b; Behold, I say unto you, lift up your eyes, and look on the regions: for they are white already unto harvest.
161. 4:36; And he that reaps, receives wages, and gathers fruit unto life eternal, that both he that sows, and he that reaps, might rejoice together.
162. 4:37; For herein is the saying true, that one sows and another reaps.
163. 4:38; I sent you to reap that, whereon you bestowed no labor: other men labored, and you are entered into their labors.”
164. 4:39; Now many of the Samaritans of the city believed in him, for the saying of the woman which testified, “He has told me all things that ever I did.”
165. 4:40; Then when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him, that he would tary with them: and he abode there two days.
166. 4:41; And many more believed because of his own word.
167. 4:42; And they said unto the woman, “Now we believe, not because of you saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ the Saviour of the world.”
168. 4:43; So two days after he departed thence, and went into Galilee.
169. 4:44; For Jesus himself had testified that a Prophet has no honor in his own country.
170. 4:45; Then when he was come into Galilee, the Galileans received him, which had seen all the things that he did at Jerusalem at the feast: for they went also unto the feast.
171. 4:46a; And Jesus came again into Cana a town of Galilee; where he had made of water wine.
172. 4:46b; And there was a certain ruler, whose son was sick at Capernaum.
173. 4:47; When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judea into Galilee, he went unto him, and besought him that he would go down, and heal his son: for he was even ready to die.
174. 4:48; Then said Jesus unto him, “Except you see signs and wonders, you will not believe.”
175. 4:49; The ruler said unto him, “Sir, go down before my son die.”