According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
Gospel of John 126-150
126) 4:5; Then came he to a city of Samaria called Sychar, near unto the possession that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
127) 6a; And there was Jacob’s well.
128) 6b; Jesus then wearied in the journey, sat thus on the well: it was about the sixth hour.
129) 7a; There came a woman of Samaria to draw water.
130) 7b; Jesus said unto her, “Give me drink.”
131) 8; For his disciples were gone away into the city, to buy meat.
132) 9a; Then said the woman of Samaria unto him, “How is it, that you being a Jew, asks a drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria?
133) 9b; For the Jews meddle not with the Samaritans.”
134) 10; Jesus answered and said unto her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that says to you, “Give me drink,” you would have asked of him, and he would have given you water of life.”
135) 11; The woman said unto him, “Sir, you have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from where then have you that water of life?
136) 12; Are you greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and he himself drank thereof, and his children, and his cattle?”
137) 13-14; Jesus answered, and said unto her, “Whosoever drinks of this water, shall thirst again: *but whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him, shall never be more thirsty: but the water that I shall give him, shall be in him a well of water, springing up into everlasting life.”
138) 15; The woman said unto him, “Sir, give me of that water, that I may not thirst, neither come here to draw.”
139) 16; Jesus said unto her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”
140) 17a; The woman answered, and said “I have no husband.”
141) 17b; Jesus said to her, “You have well said, “I have no husband.”
142) 18; For you have had five husbands, and he whom you now have, is not your husband: that said you truly.”
143) 19; The woman said unto him, “Sir, I see that you are a Prophet.
144) 20; Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you say, “That in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.””
145) 21; Jesus said unto her, “Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when you shall neither in this mountain, nor at Jerusalem worship the Father.
146) 22; You worship that which you know not: we worship that which we know: for salvation is of the Jews.
147) 23; But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit, and truth: for the Father requires even such to worship him.
148) 24; God is a Spirit, and they that worship him, must worship him in spirit and truth.”
149) 25; The woman said unto him, “I know well that the Messiah shall come, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.”
150) 26; Jesus said unto her, “I am he, that speak unto you.”