GOSPEL OF JOHN: 76-100
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
76. 2:13b; Therefore Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
77. 2:14; And he found in the Temple those that sold oxen and sheep, and doves, and changers of money, sitting there.
78. 2:15-16; Then he made a scourge of small cords, and drove them all out of the Temple with the sheep, and oxen and poured out the changers money, and overthrew the tables, *and said unto them that sold doves, “Take these things hence: make not my Father’s house, an house of merchandise.
79. 2:17; And his disciples remembered that it was written, “The zeal of your house has eaten me up.”
80. 2:18; Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, “What sign shows you unto us, that you do these things?”
81. 2:19; Jesus answered and said unto them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”
82. 2:20; Then said the Jews, “Forty and six years was this Temple a building, and will you rear it up in three days?”
83. 2:21; But he spoke of the temple of his body.
84. 2:22; As soon therefore as he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he thus said unto them: and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
85. 2:23; Now when he was at Jerusalem at the Passover in the feast, many believed in his Name, when they saw his miracles which he did.
86. 2:24-25; But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew them all, *and had no need that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
87. 3:1; There was now a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
88. 3:2; He came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God: for no man could do these miracles that you do, except God were with him.”
89. 3:3; Jesus answered, and said unto him, “Verily, verily I say unto you, except a man be born again, he can not see the kingdom of God.”
90. 3:4a; Nicodemus said unto him, “How can a man be born which is old?
91. 3:4b; Can he enter into his mother’s womb again, and be born?”
92. 3:5; Jesus answered, “Verily, verily I say unto you, except that a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he can not enter into the kingdom of God.
93. 3:6; That which is born of the flesh, is flesh: and that that is born of the Spirit, is spirit.
94. 3:7; Marvel not that I said to you, you must be born again.
95. 3:8; The wind blows where it listeth, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell where it comes, and whether it goes: so is every man that is born of the Spirit.”
96. 3:9; Nicodemus answered, and said unto him, “How can these things be?”
97. 3:10; Jesus answered, and said unto him, “Art you a teacher of Israel, and knows not these things?
98. 3:11; Verily, verily I say unto you, we speak that we know, and testify, that we have seen: but you receive not our witness.
99. 3:12; If when I tell you earthly things, you believe not, how should you believe, if I shall tell you of heavenly things?
100. 3:13; For no man ascends up to heaven, but he that has descended from heaven, the Son of man which is in heaven.