According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
Gospel of John 26-50
26) 1:22b; What says you of yourself?”
27) 23; He said, “I am the voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the Prophet Esaias.”
28) 24; Now they which were sent, were of the Pharisees.
29) 25; And they asked him, and said unto him, “Why baptize you then, if you be not the Christ, neither Elias, nor the Prophet?”
30) 26; John answered them, saying, “I baptize with water: but there is one among you, whom you know not.
31) 27; He, it is that comes after me, which is preferred before me, whose shoe latchet I am not worthy to unloose.”
32) 28; These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John did baptize.
33) 29; The next day John saw Jesus coming onto him, and said, “Behold the lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world.
34) 30; This is he of whom I said, After me comes a man, which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
35) 31; And I knew him not: but because he should be declared to Israel, therefore am I come, baptizing with water.”
36) 32; So John bare record, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven, like a dove, and it abode upon him.
37) 33; And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, he said unto me, Upon whom you shall see the Spirit come down, and tarry still on him, that is he which baptizes with the holy Ghost.
38) 34; And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.”
39) 35-36; The next day, John stood again, and two of his disciples: *and he beheld Jesus walking by, and said, “Behold the lamb of God.”
40) 37; And the two disciples heard him speak, and followed Jesus.
41) 38a; Then Jesus turned about, and saw them follow, and said unto them, “What seek you?”
42) 38b; And they said unto him, “Rabbi” (which is to say by interpretation, Master) “where dwell you?”
43) 39a; He said unto them, “Come, and see.”
44) 39b; They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.
45) 40; Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two which had heard it of John, and that followed him.
46) 41; The same found his brother Simon first, and said unto him, “We have found the Messias”, which is by interpretation, “the Christ”.
47) 42a; And he brought him to Jesus.
48) 42b; And Jesus beheld him, and said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah: you shall be called Cephas”, which is by interpretation, a stone.
49) 43; The day following, Jesus would go into Galilee, and found Philip, and said unto him, “Follow me.”
50) 44; Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.