GOSPEL OF JOHN: 1-25
According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
- 1:1; In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and that Word was God.
2. 1:2; The same was in the beginning with God.
3. 1:3; All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.
4. 1:4; In it was life, and the life was the light of men.
5. 1:5; And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.
6. 1:6; There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7. 1:7; The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the light, that all men through him might believe.
8. 1:8; He was not that light, but was sent to bear witness of the light.
9. 1:9; That was the true light, which lights every man that comes into the world.
10. 1:10; He was in the world, and the world was made by him: and the world knew him not.
11. 1:11; He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12. 1:12-13; But as many as received him, to them he gave power to be the sons of God, even to them that believe in his Name, *which are born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
13. 1:14; And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw the glory thereof, as the glory of the only begotten Son of the Father) full of grace and truth.
14. 1:15; John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, “This was he of whom I said, He that comes after me, is preferred before me: for he was before me.
15. 1:16; And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace.
16. 1:17; For the Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
17. 1:18; No man has seen God at any time: the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.”
18. 1:19; Then this is the record of John, when the Jews sent Priests and Levites from Jerusalem, to ask him, “Who are you?”
19. 1:20; And he confessed and denied not, and said plainly, “I am not the Christ.”
20. 1:21a; And they asked him, “What then?”
21. 1:21b; “Are you Elias?”
22. 1:21c; And he said, “I am not.”
23. 1:21d; “Are you the Prophet?”
24. 1:21e; And he answered, “No.”
25. 1:22a; Then they said unto him, “Who are you that we may give an answer to them that sent us?”