According to John the Beloved of Jesus Christ…
Gospel of John 1-25
1) 1:1; In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and that Word was God.
2) 2; The same was in the beginning with God.
3) 3; All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.
4) 4; In it was life, and the life was the light of men.
5) 5; And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.
6) 6; There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7) 7; The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the light, that all men through him might believe.
8) 8; He was not that light, but was sent to bear witness of the light.
9) 9; That was the true light, which lights every man that comes into the world.
10) 10; He was in the world, and the world was made by him: and the world knew him not.
11) 11; He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) 12-13; But as many as received him, to them he gave power to be the sons of God, even to them that believe in his Name, *which are born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
13) 14; And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw the glory thereof, as the glory of the only-begotten Son of the Father) full of grace and truth.
14) 15; John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, “This was he of whom I said, He that comes after me, is preferred before me: for he was before me.
15) 16; And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace.
16) 17; For the Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
17) 18; No man has seen God at any time: the only-begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.”
18) 19; Then this is the record of John, when the Jews sent Priests and Levites from Jerusalem, to ask him, “Who are you?”
19) 20; And he confessed and denied not, and said plainly, “I am not the Christ.”
20) 21a; And they asked him, “What then?”
21) 21b; “Are you Elias?”
22) 21c; And he said, “I am not.”
23) 21d; “Are you the Prophet?”
24) 21e; And he answered, “No.”
25) 22a; Then they said unto him, “Who are you that we may give an answer to them that sent us?